Supervisor, Release of Information
The Site Supervisor is responsible for managing the daily scheduling of the ROI Specialists to ensure that the facilities have sufficient coverage.
The Supervisor will act as the liaison between MRO and Client Management staff to ensure that all ROI activities are compliant with established client policies, federal and state regulations and are completed in a timely manner. RHIT Required
- Manage workflow among on-site employees to ensure maximum productivity and quality standards are met. Prioritizes work to ensure completion of ROI function.
- Adjusts work assignments as needed to cover peak periods, leave and vacancies.
- Provides coverage in event of backlogs, illness, vacation or leave of absence of medical record staff.
- Performs Quality Assurance monitoring of work performance for the ROI Specialists.
- Conducts productivity and work performance reviews for ROI Specialists in accordance with MRO/customer policies and procedures and Federal/State law.
- Monitors performance and provides performance feedback and evaluations for ROI Specialists.
- Monitors and approves paid time off and schedules for all staff.
- Promotes a positive self-image of MRO with emphasis on customer service by treating patients, co-workers, and medical center personnel with courtesy and respect. Responds to customer needs in a positive and efficient manner.
- Provides support to the Area Manager as needed.
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- RHIT required.
- ROI or HIM experience required.
- Bachelor’s and/or Associates Degree in Health Information Management, Business Administration or health related field or equivalent experience is preferred.
- 1 year supervisory/management experience in acute care setting preferred.
- Knowledge of HIPAA privacy information standards required.
- Demonstrates excellence in written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications required.
Instructions for Resume Submission: